Corrogan Vaughn - U.S. Senate Candidate for Maryland - 2012
"Putting People and Principles over Party and Politics"
The Proven Deal – 2012 ©2011, ©2012
Over the life of this country we have seen many political promise packages.
Some have clever, easy-to-remember names such as FDR’s “New Deal,” LBJ’s “Great Society,” the Republican ’94 Congress’ “Contract with America.”
Whether we call it a “contract,” “pact,” “promise,” “platform,” or “deal,” it consists of a set of promises founded upon principles which represent the core values of the one offering and his/her implementation approach depending upon the circumstances of the times.
The packages of the past all contained a mixed degree of success, and obviously failure. Since those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it, we believe we have created a promise package derived from historically successful goals, strategy, tactics, and proper governing.
This will put us back on the solid Economic and Social foundation that our Founding Fathers created.
Today, the average person, the forgotten citizen, is longing for candidates who have a passion for Jeffersonian principles in order to truly turn this country around.
They’re starving for the TRUTH and trying to figure out what works.
It’s the “change” we’re really hoping for.
We know we’re overtaxed, over-regulated, and overly in debt.
We’re strapping the next generations with unconscionable debt.
Too many are unemployed or under-employed.
We rely too much on foreign sources for products and energy.
Of course it’s complicated, but the proven, time-tested principles are simple.
22 Points of Freedom and the American Way for today:
The PROVEN DEAL – 2011 © 2011, © 2012
1. Stop destroying our country in so many ways.
2. Stop sending our jobs to Mexico, India, and China; and stop sending all foreign aid to anti-American governments.
3. Stop taking so much of our family funds in every way imaginable. Replace the IRS Code with a Simpler, Fairer, and Lower Tax system.
4. Stop trying to change marriage.
5. Stop trying to be the world’s policeman, but faithfully honor commitments to our true allies, especially Israel.
6. Stop taking over companies, businesses, and Wall Street.
7. Stop subordinating our Constitution & freedoms to international treaties.
8. START drilling our own oil & gas, for energy independence.
9. START building safe nuclear energy plants.
10. START making our own steel and commodities again.
11. START cracking down on waste, fraud, & abuse of (our) govt. money, programs, and politicians. Cut, Cap & Balance the Budget. Change from incremental budgeting to zero-based budgeting to justify all spending.
12. START enforcing illegal immigration laws, including at the State level, and seal the borders. If we need guest workers, document them.
13. START to save Social Security by making all contributions Trust Fund specific (only used to pay Soc. Sec.) and taking all illegal aliens off all benefit rolls.
14. START telling the Feds to stay out of our Boardrooms, Bedrooms, and Bathrooms. Respect and defend all our Constitutional and Unalienable RIGHTS.
15. START sound money policy by gradually restoring to the Constitutional Silver and Gold Standard and auditing the Federal Reserve.
16. START restoring US markets and industries to self-sufficiency.
17. START to embrace “fair trade,” lower taxes, and accuser burden-of-proof of harm for regulations on businesses and manufacturers in order to restore American industries.
18. START to withdraw from NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO, etc. to free our economy from international restraints and foreign, anti-American advantages.
19. START to apply Fair-trade tariffs against goods from unfair trading, low-wage countries, or commodity dumpers, such as China.
20. START to restore Kennedy era government spending which maintained federal government expenditures between 17 and 18% of GDP.
21. START to restore and protect the original US patent system with first-to-invent, not first-to-file system, so foreigners can’t steal what we create.
22. START to restore fair, sound, and practical regulatory and environmental policies by shifting burden of proof of actual damage from the users to the accusers (see my NABOR plan).
The Proven Deal represents the most practical, pro-active approach to putting the US back on the solid Economic and Social path which proved so successful in developing and keeping the United States the world super power we are.
If we do not change course QUICKLY, we are at 100% danger of falling far away from our Representative Republic foundation and into a socialistic, statist society which will ultimately result in economic collapse and chaos.
Corrogan Vaughn, U.S. Senate candidate for Maryland, is a visionary reformer, dedicated to the American Constitutional principles of limited government, free enterprise, fair trade, individual liberty, fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and traditional family values. © 2012 Auth: Vaughn4America